Find out how to make a super-cute pony snow globe!
It’s the perfect thing to keep you busy on a wintery afternoon and and it’s super-cute, too!
- jam jar and lid
- nail varnish remover
- smaller lid
- model pony
- glycerin (or baby oil)
- white glitter
- sequins (optional)
How to make it…
- Peel the label off the jar and wash it out. Use nail varnish remover to get rid of any stubborn sticky bits.
- Ask an adult to super-glue the small lid onto the inside of the jar lid and leave to dry – this will be the platform for your pony to stand on.
- Ask an adult to super-glue the model pony’s hooves to the small lid.
- Fill the jar up with water (bottled water is clearest), leaving about 2cm of space at the top.
- Add a few drops of glycerin to the water – this will make your snow fall more slowly.
- Sprinkle 1–2tsps of white glitter into the water and stir it gently.
- Put the lid on tightly, give it a shake and check whether you need to add any more water to fill it, glitter for more snow or glycerin to slow it falling.
- Cut out some paper snow, stick it to the bottom of your snow globe and decorate with glitter or sequins.