Find out how to make a super-cute pony snow globe!
It’s the perfect thing to keep you busy on a wintery afternoon and and it’s super-cute, too!
- jam jar and lid
- nail varnish remover
- smaller lid
- model pony
- glycerin (or baby oil)
- white glitter
- sequins (optional)
How to make it…
- Peel the label off the jar and wash it out. Use nail varnish remover to get rid of any stubborn sticky bits.
- Ask an adult to super-glue the small lid onto the inside of the jar lid and leave to dry – this will be the platform for your pony to stand on.
- Ask an adult to super-glue the model pony’s hooves to the small lid.
- Fill the jar up with water (bottled water is clearest), leaving about 2cm of space at the top.
- Add a few drops of glycerin to the water – this will make your snow fall more slowly.
- Sprinkle 1–2tsps of white glitter into the water and stir it gently.
- Put the lid on tightly, give it a shake and check whether you need to add any more water to fill it, glitter for more snow or glycerin to slow it falling.
- Cut out some paper snow, stick it to the bottom of your snow globe and decorate with glitter or sequins.
All of our videos are hosted through YouTube, by clicking on suggested content at the end of the video, you will be leaving ponymag.com and will be watching YouTube videos. We suggest that you always have a responsible adult with you when watching YouTube.