Click the image below to download a super-cool invitation for your own pony sleepover!
Make! Pony-shaped cookies
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- rolling pin
- pony-shaped cutter
- non-stick baking tray
- 250g butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until soft and light
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix in
- Gradually sift the flour in and stir into a firm dough
- Sprinkle some flour on the work surface and your rolling pin, then roll the dough out until it’s 2mm thick
- Use a pony-shaped cutter to cut out the cookies and place on a greased baking tray
- Ask an adult to help you bake them at 160 degrees C for 12–15 minutes or until golden
- Place them on a rack to cool
- Once cool, you can ice them!
There’s nothing better on a horsey sleepover than watching a good film or TV series – laugh at the cheese and cry at the emotional bits! Our top picks are…
- Heartland – follow Amy as family tragedy strikes and she takes on looking after the ranch and working with troubled horses
- Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron – Spirit is a mustang stallion in charge of his own herd, but his life soon turns upside-down when he’s captured by men
- International Velvet – an oldie but a goodie! This film follows Sarah, an American teen who moves to the UK when her parents pass away. Will her dream become reality as she tries to win gold for Team GB at the Olympics?
- Racing Stripes – Stripes is a circus zebra foal who accidentally gets left behind when the circus moves on. He’s taken in and brought up by a former racehorse trainer, and as far as Stripes is concerned, is a racehorse himself.
If you missed our fab feature in December PONY magazine, buy your copy online here.