- origami paper
- googly eyes (optional)
Top tip Use whatever colour paper you’d like. Choose a fun pattern like ours, or why not match the colour to your fave pony? You can cut out markings such as a blaze or star and stick them on.
How to do it
1. Fold the sheet of paper in half diagonally from corner to corner, to make a triangle. Keep the pattern on the outside.
2. Fold the bottom two points up to the top corner of the triangle, creating a diamond shape.
Top tip If you don’t have any origami paper, cut normal A4 paper into a square.
3. Re-open the paper into a triangle, and fold the near side of the top point down to the bottom.
4. With the paper back in its diamond shape, fold down the tips on each side – these will be the ears.
5. Fold the tips backwards, tucking them inside the folded paper so the ears are showing.
6. Take another sheet of paper and draw on a forelock shape, triangles for the inner ears and circles for the nostrils.
7. Cut them out and stick them on your bookmark with some googly eyes. There you have it – a super-cute pony!
8. Tuck your origami pony onto the corner of your book to save your page for next time.
Top tip If you don’t have googly eyes, you can use white and black paper or a pen to make your own.